Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Meet the Team - Alison McPherson {Lead Coordinator}

We are excited for you to meet
Alison McPherson
{Lead Coordinator}

  

Alison started with Confetti Events in 2010 and 
moved up from intern to Lead Coordinator. 
She recently had an amazing wedding of her own!

How did you get started with Confetti Events?
I started interning for Confetti back in 2010 while in my final semester in the UF Hospitality and Event Management degree. Kaylea introduced me to the previous owner, Jamie, and we would come home from Gainesville on the crazy busy wedding weekends to learn how it's done! Once I graduated I began taking on Brides of my own and have grown into the role I am in today with Confetti! 

What is your favorite part about event planning?
I think one of my favorite parts about event planning is seeing all the seemingly unimaginable ideas and dreams on paper, in diagrams, on the timeline etc. ALL come together in the end as a success. 

What are 5 things you couldn't do your job without?
Passion
Patience
Timeline
Emergency Kit
Comfortable Shoes

What is your most memorable event?
My most memorable event was Erin and David's November 16, 2014 Wedding in Tampa FL. It was so memorable not only because of all of the amazing details but because it felt like they brought me into their family to plan their wedding and the relationship and trust we built made the event that much better. 

What is your personal style?
I am still trying to figure that out as I plan my own wedding this Fall :) But I like to keep it simple yet unique and make sure everyone has a fun environment. 

What is the most rewarding aspect of your job?
The most rewarding aspect of my job is to see the joy that is expressed on a wedding day after the vows have been said or when someone is blowing out their birthday candles at their birthday party we planned. All of the minor stresses and things along the way mean nothing when you experience 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey dear all the party planner are very talented and having their Hospitality and Event Management degrees for very reputed universities. I would love to hire them for my wedding planning.