Pro Tip Thursday
This Week we are featuring the
Quick Tip #8: What's in Your Lipstick?
We put lipstick on everyday and rarely think about what we may be consuming with every bite we take throughout the day. But what is really going into our body? The cosmetic industry will not tell you that some of the ingredients used in its products are health hazards. Products from lipsticks are going to be absorbed into your body as you moisten your lips throughout the day, and especially when you eat.
The bottom line is to pay attention to the ingredients on any cosmetic label.
If your lipsticks have these toxic chemicals in them consider finding an alternative:
Some cosmetic companies that I have found to have the least amount of chemicals are:
* M.A.C Cosmetics
* Bare Faced Mineral Cosmetics Natural Lipstick
* BioElements LycoPlex Lipstick (Papaya)
* Afterglow Cosmetics lipsticks
* Coastal Classic Creations lipsticks
* Cosmic Tree Essentials Lip Care Confections Lipstick
* Elusyion Vegan Mineral Lipstick
* Gourmet Body Treats Lipsticks
* Honeybee Gardens Truly Natural Lipstick
* Inika Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick
* Raw Natural Beauty, Raw Color Primal Pigments Pure Botanical Lipstick
* Zosimos Botanicals
* CARGO Cosmetics Plant Love Botanical Lipstick
* Gabriel Cosmetics Lipsticks
* Bare Minerals 100% Natural Lipcolor
We all love lipstick!
We just need to do our research before supporting companies who produce harmful products.
Artistic Coordinator/Lead Makeup Artist